We recommend dental patients brush your teeth twice a day and also after meals whenever possible to ensure the best preventive dentistry practices. A soft tooth brush or electric toothbrush is best as a medium or hard toothbrush will wear away your gums faster. When brushing your teeth we always recommend to our dental patients to spend 2 minutes total. On top of that in order to maintain healthy gums, flossing once a night should always take place to ensure your taking care of your dental health. For dental patients with any discoloration in their teeth we also offer cosmetic teeth whitening services to help give you the whitest smile possible.
Guidance on Flossing Your Teeth
Advice for Brushing Your Teeth
1. Place your toothbrush against your gums at a 45-degree angle. Move the brush back and forth gently in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
2. Brush the outer tooth surfaces.
3. Brush the chewing surfaces.
4. Use the toe of the brush to clean the inside surface of the front teeth, using a gentle up-and-down stroke
5. Finally brush your tongue too.